[CT Birds] Note on trip to Ohio

mntncougar at aol.com mntncougar at aol.com
Sun May 16 17:10:28 EDT 2010

I have been in the Toledo area of Ohio (Magee Marsh and Oak Openings) for the last 12 days, and I'll be heading home in the am.  Great trip, even with so-so weather, 132 species with 28 Warbler sp.  Lifers were Kentucky and Tennessee Warblers and a Marbled Godwit.  Also got a Kirtlands for the 2nd time in 2 years, this time a male!  When I can get it done I'll post a complete list on Ebird and post a link here.
By the way, my trip was concurrent with the ABA "Biggest Week in Birding" at Magee Marsh, but not connected to it.  I had planned to go there months ago, as I did last year.  I really feel that area is too small for such an event, and in a way the poor weather may have helped rather than hurt by keeping down the crowds a bit.  It was probably the best "unknown" birding spot in the US, but perhaps that has changed now.

Don Morgan
Coventry