[CT Birds] Shoreline State Park Fees Waived

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Mon May 17 12:24:43 EDT 2010

  For those of you who do not have a season pass or a Charter Oak Pass,free to seniors age 65 or over,this coming weekend,May 22nd and 23rd,CT residents will be admitted free of charge in honor of our state's 375th anniversary per Govenor Rell's request. Five state parks are participating in the free admission including Rocky Neck,Hammonassett, Harkness Memorial,Dinosaur,and Sherwood Island. Beginning Memorial Day through Labor Day,CT residents will pay $13 on weekends and $9 on weekdays to enter these parks. Take advantage of this opportunity,especially if you have never been to one of these parks during the warmer months,and see how lucky we are to have these beautiful recreation areas for all to enjoy. I feel the cost of a season pass is a bargain,especially if you use it often as I do!

Tina Green

Frequent visitor to Sherwood and Hammonassett State Parks