[CT Birds] Mourning and Kentucky Warblers, Norwich/Preston

David F Provencher david.f.provencher at dom.com
Thu May 20 09:41:20 EDT 2010

This morning while running I found two Mourning Warblers in Norwich. The first was at the road's edge on the powerline cut at the intersections of Kellog Way and Old Salem Tpke (Nearly across from Dime Bank on Rte 82) and the second was further up the same powerline cut (which I made part of my run once I knew there was at least one Mourning here.) I usually don't stop running till I've completed my course but running during migration is fraught with distractions and I had to see this little beauty.

The Kentucky Warbler was singing behind the Preston Plains Middle School this morning when I dropped my daughter off. This bird was on school property and would be difficult to look for without being around a middle school with binoculars, which would bring you more attention than you'd probably want. There was also a White-eyed Vireo singing here, which has been present for some time.

Form Dave Provencher:
5/20/10 - Norwich at powerline cut at Kellogway/Old Salem Turnpike intersection (North side) - 2 MOURNING WARBLERS.
5/20/10 - Preston at Preston Plains Middle School - Singing KENTUCKY WARBLER

Dave Provencher
Naturally New England<http://naturallynewengland.blogspot.com/>

in error, and delete it.  Thank you.