[CT Birds] Rte 44 Power Lines

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Fri May 21 10:18:44 EDT 2010

5/21 - Between 6 and 8 a.m. I found 44 species including 12 Warblers (plus
the Brewster's Backcross.)  Beautiful looks at the singing Canada and
Chestnut-sided Warblers.  Many Blackpoll Warblers singing but not
conspicuous.  A Pileated Woodpecker lit first on the ground, then on one of
the big power line poles.  Indigo Bunting and Scarlet Tanager.  Curiously no
Prairie Warblers.  A little Swamp Sparrow popped up and regarded me and
favored me with a soft little trill.  A beautiful day.

Dana Campbell, Priest in Charge
Church of the Good Shepherd, Hartford
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"The hummingbird in flight is a water-spark, an incandescent drop of
American fire, the jungle's flaming re'sume', a heavenly, precise rainbow:
 the hummingbird is an arc, a golden thread, a green bonfire!"
--from Ode to the Hummingbird
 by Pablo Neruda