[CT Birds] East Rock

MARIA STOCKMAL m.stockmal at snet.net
Fri May 21 14:17:30 EDT 2010

Having to take a personal day or lose it I went to East Rock Park today.  I almost immediately found both male and female Blackburnians.  This is the first time I heard the Blackburnian sing.

I met up with Judy Moore and we put our skills together and found:  Northern Parula, Yellow Warbler, Magnolia Warbler, Black-throated Blue Warbler, Black-throated Green Warbler, Blackpoll Warbler, Black-and-white Warbler, American Redstart, Worm-eating Warbler, Common Yellowthroat, and Canada Warbler.  We heard the Blue-winged Warbler, Northern Waterthrush, and Ovenbird.

We also saw:  Summer Tanager, Yellow-billed Cuckoo, Great Crested Flycatchers, and heard the Willow Flycatcher.

We met Roy Harvey and Mark Stone who had the Mourning Warbler.

Maria Stockmal
Branford