[CT Birds] Bird song ID help

Barbara Garrett barbaragarrett at optonline.net
Sat May 22 05:41:21 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am just beginning to learn to ID birds from their songs.  Yesterday, while on a large pond in north western CT, I heard a bird calling from inside the woods surrounding the pond.  Its seemed to come from high in the trees and was loud.  The song was "breathy" or "trilly"l, almost as if it were a flute, only deeper in pitch.  I heard it mostly in the morning (7AM), but also around noon.  When I say "it" I mean the song; there easily could have been more than one bird singing.

Can anyone tell me what I most likely heard?

Thanks,
Barbara
north Stamford