[CT Birds] Anyone ever see a GBH do this?

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Mon May 24 19:18:42 EDT 2010

I observed this bird for about 3/4 hour at the Pond at  Cabela's, East
Hartford, last Friday.  The temperature might have been  barely 80, and it was a
little humid, but not a bad day.  Looks  like it is trying to cool off, but
I'm not sure why.  It was  in this pose for the whole time I was there,
although he did fly to a different  spot once.

_http://www.photoshop.com/accounts/29a65b52f41149ceadf2ec36d4c0ecfe/px-asset
s/a361e2ad59c446d0adeb66a41695adae_
(http://www.photoshop.com/accounts/29a65b52f41149ceadf2ec36d4c0ecfe/px-assets/a361e2ad59c446d0adeb66a41695adae)

_http://www.photoshop.com/accounts/29a65b52f41149ceadf2ec36d4c0ecfe/px-asset
s/87aec718bea84f2fab7faeda32e4fa43_
(http://www.photoshop.com/accounts/29a65b52f41149ceadf2ec36d4c0ecfe/px-assets/87aec718bea84f2fab7faeda32e4fa43)

http://www.photoshop.com/accounts/29a65b52f41149ceadf2ec36d4c0ecfe/px-assets
/a361e2ad59c446d0adeb66a41695adae

http://www.photoshop.com/accounts/29a65b52f41149ceadf2ec36d4c0ecfe/px-assets
/87aec718bea84f2fab7faeda32e4fa43

There were also 2 Spotted Sandpipers and a Greater Yellowlegs  at the pond.

Don Morgan
Coventry