[CT Birds] Long-term monitoring of purple finches (volunteers)

Sarah Knutie purple.finches at gmail.com
Wed May 26 08:48:37 EDT 2010

Hello Bird Lovers!

I am a graduate student that has worked with purple finches in Minnesota for
the past 3 seasons.  I am starting a long-term monitoring study of purple
finch population status and distribution/range throughout the US and Canada
and need volunteers that are interested in monitoring purple finches at
their feeders.  This will require little work on your end – only 1-4 hours a
month between March and September – depending on your interest and time. If
you would like more information, please e-mail me
(purple.finches at gmail.com) with
the following:

*Your name

*Months of the year you see purple finches

I can then give you more information on what you can do to help! I need
volunteers from all over, so please tell your birder friends! I greatly
appreciate your time.

Sarah Knutie
purple.finches at gmail.com

University of Utah