[CT Birds] Boston Hollow, Tues, 5-25-10

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Wed May 26 08:52:40 EDT 2010

Boston Hollow had a somewhat limited selection, as is usual,  but it was
alive with birds yesterday.

Winter Wren
Marsh Wren
House Wren - several
Empid. flycatcher sp. - 2
Eastern Wood-pewee
Great Crested Flycatcher
Blue-headed Vireo - several, mostly in 1  location
Red-eyed vireo - many
Warbling Vireo
Ovenbird  - many, many - could hear 3 or 4 from  almost any given spot
Canada Warbler - many, many, seemed to be 1 every 150 feet or  so along the
road
Louisiana Waterthrush 1 - first one I have ever found there.  Northern
Waterthrush is normal and expected.
Yellow Warbler - a few near the sunny  swamps
Black-throated Green Warbler - 1 singing, there were many  earlier this
spring.
Pine Warbler - many
American Redstart - many
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
COMMON RAVENS - 1st time I have seen or heard them this  year.  Sounded
like they were nesting up above the log loading  area.
Wood Thrush
Veery
Song Sparrow
Chipping Sparrow