[CT Birds] URGENT tern colony issue

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Fri May 28 13:08:15 EDT 2010

Hi all,

Larry Flynn called from his boat to report a large number (dozens if
not hundreds) of terns attempting to nest at Cockeonoe Island in
Westport. Larry has been monitoring this area for a long time and has
not seen anything like this in years. The urgent issue is the
impending holiday weekend, which will bring dozens of boats ONTO the
nesting colony itself. Boats are beached here, and kids/dogs run wild.

Is there any way we can get this roped off later today or tomorrow
morning?  Larry said he will provide boat transport to the island. I
will also gladly volunteer.

Who can we contact to set this up and/or provide supplies??

Thanks,
Nick (for Larry)

I can be reached at 203...645.....2059 if necessary.

Sent from my iPhone