[CT Birds] Cockenoe island terns

lpflynn at optonline.net lpflynn at optonline.net
Fri May 28 15:25:21 EDT 2010

Hi all,
Just came in off the boat, Charlie Barnard is on his was down to Norwalk with Signs, stakes, roping and other materials, we should have something erected on the island by six o'clock this evening.
There are at least 12-15 active Least tern nest and upwards of one hundred Common terns nest on this very small sand spit.
There are also two pair of oystercatcher with chicks running about the island.
I'm back off to the boat and will fill you in when be return.
Any other help or ideas would be appreciated.

Larry