[CT Birds] a tern for the worse?

julian hough jrhough1 at snet.net
Fri May 28 22:17:32 EDT 2010

Last week's visits to Sandy Point revealed a sky full of squeaky toy Least Terns, going about their pre-breeding courtship and prospecting. About 30 birds were present and it was reminiscent of two years ago. Last year, no terns bred at Sandy Point, presumably due to Peregrine activity and dredging??

I was rather despondent at my visit last night to find the tern colony devoid of any birds - I  did not see a single tern at Sandy Point and it seems that this year may be going the same way as last year.