[CT Birds] Milford RED KNOTS, etc.

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 1 06:14:36 EDT 2010

>From Frank & Linda Mantlik
5/31 Milford, Milford Point, 4-5:30pm - pair of PURPLE MARTINS in/at nest box.  Lower number of shorebirds (and no terns at all) than I expected - a few hundred Semi. Sands, a couple Dunlin, a few BB Plovers and Am. Oystercatchers.  Then, at the tip of the point, as scoped from the end of Sniffens Lane in Stratford, there were 3 RED KNOTS, one of which had an orange leg flag on it's left tibia.  (I assume this is the same bird I saw in the area on 5/26.).