[CT Birds] Mississippi Kite report

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Wed Jun 2 13:14:30 EDT 2010

I was quite intrigued by the report of the possible Mississippi Kite along the Farmington Canal. In many parts of the country, Mississippi Kites nest along riparian corridors, and the canal seems like perfect habitat for them. It would be worth visiting the site again to see if there is any evidence that they are staying in the area. The babies from the Simsbury nest have to go somewhere...  Frank Gallo

Message: 9
ate: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 16:57:09 +0000
rom: Tina and Peter Green <petermgreen at hotmail.com>
o: ct birds <ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org>
ubject: [CT Birds] Probable Mississippi Kite - NHBC Brooksvale
   Park/Farmington Canal Greenway 1st Wed. Walk (8-10:15)
essage-ID: <BLU145-W149D6D420F63FA1F3C29DAAFD00 at phx.gbl>
ontent-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

/2- Hamden-Our group of sixteen participants,including our leader,Carol
ipp,tallied 53 species including the probable MISSISSIPPI KITE that was
dentified by Janet Mehmel soaring over the powerline cut area. A great day to
e birding and many thanks to Carol Zipp for leading this trip.
Tina Green