[CT Birds] Ed's Count

Jim Zipp jimzipp at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 2 13:49:19 EDT 2010

Hey Frank,

Thanks for posting this and for remembering Ed. Great article that really brought back fond memories.  I have so many great ones of days spent walking with Ed that will never fade.  He was truly a one of a kind.  I put several shots of Ed on my web site for those that knew him to see as well as those that were not as fortunate to have had Ed as a friend.

One image is of Ed with a dog he befriended at Lighthouse Pt while doing the hawk count.  Another is him sitting on a log beside a beaver pond we found in the woods of Litchfield County and the last is him taking a picture of one of our "regular" saw-whet owls in winter who we knew as Murphy.  I also put up one of Murphy himself that is a 30 year old slide.  I used these images in my first slide program more than 15 years ago at the New Haven Bird Club and there wasn't a dry eye in the place!  I knew I couldn't "bomb" with that for an ending.....

Thanks again,

The Fat RobinWild Bird and Nature Shop
3000 Whitney Ave.  Hamden, CT 06518
Toll Free U.S.  1-866-Fat-Robin