[CT Birds] Sandy Point, Stonington

Larson Eric eric_r_larson at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 2 20:16:59 EDT 2010

Sandy Point, Stonington, perimeter walk, 3:30-5:30PM -  4 Canada Goose, 1 Mallard, x Double-crested Cormorant, 1 Snowy Egret, 2 Osprey, 9 Piping Plover, 11 American Oystercatcher (8 adults, 2 fledglings, 1 new hatchling), 2 Spotted Sandpiper, 4 Willet, 25 Ruddy Turnstone, 2 Sanderling, 100+ Semipalmated Sandpiper, 1 Least Sandpiper, 3 Dunlin, x Ring-billed Gull, x Herring Gull, x Great Black-backed Gull (all with hatchlings and very defensive, think "The Birds"), 1 Rock Pigeon, 1 American Crow (roosted on the boat and ate my lunch leftovers once we were ashore), 10 European Starling, 3 Red-Winged Blackbird.  Surprisingly, no terns seen.

Eric Larson, Judy Van Wyke