[CT Birds] Sherwood Island SP Nature Center One Year Anniversary Celebration

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 4 14:07:24 EDT 2010

 The Friends of Sherwood Island State Park is sponsoring a celebration to mark the one year anniversary of the Nature Center on Saturday June 12th from 6-8pm.Joining in the festivities is a local raptor and rehabilitation and education center,A Place Called Hope,who will be sharing live birds of prey with visitors. Meet some of these magnificent birds up close and hear their personal stories of survival. Learn how to lessen conflicts we as humans face with our local wildlife as we strive to co-exist successfully with one another. Hear about some simple ways each one of us can actually make a difference when it comes to preserving the enviroment.Bring the whole family for this unique experience! Cameras welcome. The birds of prey program will begin at 6:30-7:30.

  Come see the "Birds of the Park" photography exhibit by AJ Hand as well. Admission to the park is free at 5:30.Tell the person at the gate you're attending the nature center celebration. I hope to see many of the "birding community" that evening and we'll have free ice cream too!

Tina Green

Westport

FOSI Board Member