[CT Birds] Hummingbird at the dinner table, Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 5 08:19:30 EDT 2010

Not being a very active birder I do like to keep an eye out for birds on our property here in Washington, CT. As we were finishing supper here last night (Friday, 4 June 2010) I spied a hummingbird almost taking a dive into the the picture window I was facing in our dining area. Luck for the hummer I think it spied the UV stickers on the picture window I had put up to help prevent bird strikes because the hummer suddenly changed direction and did not hit the window. Nice way to see a year bird sitting at the supper table. Not sure of the gender of the hummer but I think it was a female ruby-throated hummingbird.

David W Babington
Washington, CT