[CT Birds] Milford Point (6/5)

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 6 13:11:49 EDT 2010

Nice to be back, under poor circumstances.
I located (2) Red Knots before they, and a single BB Plover took off to the marshy area near the platform.
Other birds of semi0-ote included a few Willow Flys, (1) Glossy Ibis, Great and Snowy Egrets, and (4) American Oystercatchers, one clearly on a nest.
(5) Piping plovers, acting defensively.  Didn't see a chick.
What was odd is that I did not see a single tern of any sort.  Hopefully they are out on GG Island, where I will be Friday!
(Thanks for the good directios the Knots, Frank)

Brian Webster
Stratford, CT
b.webster at hotmail.com