[CT Birds] Female turkeys with young, Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 6 15:47:12 EDT 2010

Was up early this AM, Sunday - 6 Jun 20101, to participate in the Woodbury-Roxbury June bird count. Since Area K, the area I cover, includes our property here in Washington, CT I start here first. I was happy to see in the large field below out house two female turkeys with young (18). Interesting to see the size difference in the two groups of turkey chicks.

It got very windy late this AM so I took a "break" from the bird count about Noon. Looks like the cold front (rain and wind) has passed through so I will have to get back out into the field to continue the June Bird Count in Area K.

David W Babington
Washington, CT