[CT Birds] Menunkatuck Audubon Society: Manu Bioreserve

Dennis Riordan driordan at snet.net
Mon Jun 7 16:52:07 EDT 2010

From Menunkatuck Audubon Society:

On Wednesday, June 9, past Menunkatuck President Jerry Connolly will present The Manu Biosphere of Peru, a talk on the flora and fauna of the largest and most diverse national park in the world. Photos from an August, 2009 Audubon Shop Southern Peru trip will be featured. Travelling by minivan over the Andes and through cloud forest, by boat down Amazon River tributaries, and by foot through virgin rainforest and the Inca ruins at Machu Picchu, this trip had it all.
The talk begins at 7:30 p.m. and is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be served.
Location: Blackstone Memorial Library,  758 Main Street, Branford.
From New Haven and West on I-95: Take Exit 54. Turn right on Cedar Street toward Branford Center.
From Guilford and East on I-95: Take Exit 54. Turn left on Cedar Street toward Branford Center.
Follow Cedar Street down hill, across Route 1, and past St. Mary’s School (on right). Bear right just past the school and continue to the rear of the library where there is a parking lot. Parking is also available in front of library and along the street.