[CT Birds] Hummingbird Nudge

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 13:43:25 EDT 2010

Well, I hadn't hung a hummer feeder this year...too busy to keep it up.  But
I kept being haunted by hummers flying around where the feeder should be.
Finally a male Ruby-throated flew up to my window and hovered there looking
right at me (or so I imagined) and my guilty conscience took the message.  I
hung up my feeder the next night and now have hummers visiting every 10
minutes or so.  All right!  I got it!  Persistent little guys.

Dana Campbell, Priest in Charge
Church of the Good Shepherd, Hartford
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"The hummingbird in flight is a water-spark, an incandescent drop of
American fire, the jungle's flaming re'sume', a heavenly, precise rainbow:
 the hummingbird is an arc, a golden thread, a green bonfire!"
--from Ode to the Hummingbird
 by Pablo Neruda