[CT Birds] Sandy Point and Bridgeport

Jamie Meyers ctredbird2 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 13 19:59:35 EDT 2010

>From Jamie Meyers:
6/13/10 -- West Haven, Sandy Point - 7 American OystercatcherS, Seaside Sparrow, Saltmarsh Sparrow (1 each), around 11:30 AM, appeared pretty close to high tide
Bridgeport, Harbor Yard - 2 Peregrine FalconS headed towards the Sound during the Bluefish game

I don't know if 7 is a good number of oystercatchers at Sandy Point; it's the most I've seen in one place in CT.  But I don't go down there as often as many of you.  Lots of Least Tern activity in the enclosure and not really that many Commons around.  Still a few Brant lurking around on the outer spit.  I didn't see any knots or White-rumped Sandpipers but the tide wasn't the best when I was there.

For those who may have read by article in the new Warbler, the Seaside was a town bird for West Haven.

Jamie Meyers
Canton, CT