[CT Birds] mulberry trees

KATHLEEN VANDER AUE kvda at optonline.net
Mon Jun 14 09:15:37 EDT 2010

The two ancient ones we had, one white, one red, both died and I ordered
one on line to replace them as they were bird and wildlife magnets in
our yard.  I think it was Italian (chosen as it was self-pollinating and
I didn't know if there were others in the neighborhood).  It did
beautifully until this year when it didn't leaf out.  I checked and it
had been girdled by mice (or something).  I'm going to plant another and
this time protect the trunk.

Kathy Van Der Aue