[CT Birds] The Devil's Mockingbird

Joseph Budrow jbudrow at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 14 10:29:01 EDT 2010

I love Mockingbirds. My wife wants to kill one.

Every spring and summer we get a resident mocker here in Meriden which is incessant from morning 'til dusk. It rattles off phoebes, wrens, blue jays, killdeer, nuthatches, red-tailed hawk, pewees, robins and just recently added prairie warbler to its repertoire. A very impressive bird.

But as I was going to bed last night, at 12:30 am there he was...going at it again!!

Why does this guy haunt the neighborhood so? An eveil bird indeed for those that get annoyed easily.