[CT Birds] The Devil's Mockingbird

Boletebill boletebill at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 14 15:24:15 EDT 2010

Hi Joe.
This brings to mind the Seinfeld episode with the Indian Restaurant..."mocking, mocking, mocking, always with the mocking..." Sorry, I digress. All night mockingbirds-

According to the CT DEP this is one of THE most common "animal nuisance" complaints in this State.
It's possible that your neighborhood has the unfortunate combination of light pollution and and an un-mated male mocker in hormonal over-drive. IOW the bird thinks it's always dawn and that if he keeps on mocking he's got a chance for a girlfriend. That, anyway, is my admittedly unprofessional opinion.
Bill YuleLyme, CT