[CT Birds] Sherwood Island

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 17 17:35:30 EDT 2010

6/17 - Westport - Sherwood Island SP - pair of BROWN THRASHERS,1 Eastern Kingbird, and 10 GLOSSY IBIS on the west side of the park.

  If you arrive at 8am when the park opens,you should see these birds.The ibis like to feed on the grass just north of the two small ponds which are now mudholes.The thrashers like to feed in the grass just before the viewing platform and if you're very quiet and walk toward them slowly,they have allowed me to come within ten feet of them and continue watching them.I have seen these birds just about everyday in the past few weeks.

Tina Green