[CT Birds] FYI: Brookline Bird Club Pelagic Trip

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 17 18:04:54 EDT 2010

 I thought I would pass this info along as some of you may be interested.Frank Mantlik and I are already signed up  for this trip and hope others will join us!

Overnight Brookline Bird Club Dedicated Extreme Pelagic Trip

 Friday,Saturday  July 16 & 17, 2010 :  5:30am Friday to  6:00pm Saturday

 Hyannis  to  offshore  areas.

 Hydrographer,Veatch's and Atlantis Canyons

 Birds expected: AUDUBON'S,Greater,Sooty,Cory's,and Manx Shearwaters,Leach's & Wilson's Storm Petrels,Parasitic &

   Pomarine Jaegers,Gannets,Gulls,Terns,and several marine mammals.We hope to see Band-rumped Storm-petrels,

   Black-capped Petrels,Bridled Tern,Skuas,and other rarities.Anything is possible!

Maximum participants = 50

 Costs: BBC Members : $290

          Non-members : $310

Rick Heil,Steve Mirick,Jeremiah Trimble,and Marshall Iliff lead this trip. Our boat,the Helen H,is a very comfortable,fast,100 ft. fishing boat with a knowledgeable and enthusiastic Captain and crew.There are 3 bunks aboard which will be available to the first 38 people who sign up.There is a full galley with excellent foodat reasonable prices.Parking is FREE!To reserve a space,send a check for the full amount made out to the "Brookline Bird Club Agent" along with a signed waiver to:

 Ida Giriunas,83 Summer Avenue,Reading,MA,01867

Please include either your email or your postal address for confirmation,boarding instructions,& further information.

For additional information and the waiver,contact Ida at ida8 at verizon.net or 781-929-8772.

Tina & Peter Green
PH 203- 226- 9674
FX 203- 226- 7285