[CT Birds] sandpiper ID help

Carol Ansel carolansel at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 17:40:14 EDT 2010

Hello all -
Birded and took pix at Napatree Point yesterday (which is technically
RI, I know...) - still working on my shorebird ID's, esp. sandpipers/
peeps. Here's a link to what I saw in that dept. - I think maybe most
were semipalmated - but there are a couple of others in there as well:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carolanne4/sets/72157624194300001/

if anyone has a minute and would like to help, take a look and let me
know what you think of my guesses, and let me know which salient
features tell you what they are.

I also got some nice shots of the piper plover - a pair sitting on
eggs, and some chicks running around - as well as some courting action
with a pair of least terns:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/carolanne4/sets/72157624318426580/

Thanks!
Carol Ansel
Mystic