[CT Birds] Roosevelt Forest, Stratford

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 21 08:24:36 EDT 2010

6/20,

I finally made it out for a hike yesterday, and the woods were bursting with life...

-Wood Thrush
-Hermit Thrush
-Veery
-Am. Robin
-Cedar Waxwing
-Catbird
-Mockingbird
-Fish Crow
-Am. Crow
-Raven (2)
-Ovenbird
-B&W Warbler
-BTG Warbler
-Yellow Warbler
-Am. Redstart
-Goldfinch
-House Finch
-Scarlet Tanager
-Bal. Oriole
-GC Fly
-Least Fly
-RT Hummer (nesting in same tree, same branch, 3years running?? maybe 4)
-RS Hawk
-RT Hawk
-Turkey Vulture
-Black Vulture (in with TVs)
-Downy WP
-Hairy WP
-Pileated WP
-YB Sapsucker

+ others that are to be expected

Also: Nothern Watersnake, Garter snakes, Ring-neck Snake, Snapping turtle, Green frogs, my buddy and I stoped counting at 50 baby Wood frogs.... about 20 adults, one single peeper, Black Swallowtail butterfly, Red Admiral butterfly, E. Commas....

Despite the film of disgust from the weather that applied itself to me, a great day to be out.

Brian Webster
Stratford, CT
b.webster at hotmail.com
http://thebirdmojo.blogspot.com/