[CT Birds] Brookline Bird Club Extreme Pelagic trips, June 19 and again on July16, 17.

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 22 15:43:32 EDT 2010

 I'm passing this along again in case any CT birders are interested.

Tina Green
Westport

 Folks:

The June trip still has some openings, but folks thinking about going need to sign up at this time if they wish to go.

Regarding the July 16 and 17 trip:  Sign up by June 28.  This trip will be canceled if we do not have the minimum number of signups by then."
The July trip is an overnight adventure from Hyannis, MA to the offshore warmer water areas such as Hydrographer, Veatches and Atlantis canyons where we will be expecting to see Greater, Cory's, Sooty and Manx Shearwaters, Leach's and Wilson's Storm-petrels, Parasitic and Pomarine Jaegers, terns and several  Marine mammals and fish.  We hope to see BAND-RUMPED STORM-PETRELS, BLACK-CAPPED PETREL, BRIDLED TERNS, SKUAS and other rarities. Anything is possible.
The advantage of this overnight trip is that we will have two full days out in the ocean which doubles our chances of finding any of the rare birds we are looking for.
Rick Heil, Steve Mirick, Jeremiah Trimble and Marshall Iliff will be spotting the birds and helping us to get to see them. Our boat, the Helen H is a very comfortable, fast, 100 foot fishing boat which can get out to the canyons within six hours. The captain is knowledgeable and enthusiastic about birds.  There are 38 bunks available for the first 38 who sign up. there is a full galley with excellent food with reasonable prices.  Parking is free.
DATE:  Friday and Saturday, July 16, 17, 2010
Time:  5:30Am Friday to 6:00 PM Saturday
Costs:  BBC members:  $295.00
        Non-members:  $315.00
To reserve a space, send a check for the full amount made out to the BROOKLINE BIRD CLUB AGENT, along with a signed waiver to:  IDA GIRIUNAS, 83 SUMMER AVE, READING, MA 01867.
For additional information and the waiver to be signed, contact Ida Giriunas at 781-929-8772 or <ida8 at verizon.net>

Thanks