[CT Birds] I think they want to adopt me!!

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Wed Jun 23 07:54:56 EDT 2010

Their names are Barry and Barretta, and they live in a very
nice  neighborhood in Ashford.  They are both a little shy, and she
won't let me take her picture, but I managed to get him to pose for me a
times.  In the last 2 weeks I have seen him 5 times, and her

Today I stopped in a quiet spot and shut off the car to listen
to  see who was around.  I heard a fairly distant "Who-who" clear, short
quick.  i wasn't even sure if it was from human or animal.  But I  was
hoping it might be a Great Horned Owl, since I have never seen or heard
one in
the Boston Hollow area. A minute or so later, 2 very large shadows  floated
across the road ahead of me without a sound.  Nothing.  I  sat.
"Who-who".  Right next to me. I looked up to see a very  large shape on a
bare branch over the road in front of me.  No more  than 50 feet or so from
me to him.  But it was a Barred Owl.  He  stared.  I stared.
>From the side of the road someplace a quiet  "who-who".  She was the other
shadow.  He sat for at least 5  minutes, seldom looking away, calling once
or twice.  Then he silently  floated to a tree on the side of the
road.  "Who-who".  I got out  of the car and looked up, and through a
small hole in the branches I was  able to glimpse him staring back at me.
"Who-who".  They both  floated out of the tree and silently

Don  Morgan