[CT Birds] What kind of Sparrow am I?

jaybrd49 at aol.com jaybrd49 at aol.com
Wed Jun 23 15:35:01 EDT 2010

 Yes, this is a Song Sparrow juvenile. We raised and released a couple this spring. However, for future reference, keep in mind that all juvenile sparrows have streaked breasts, even chipping sparrows. Fledgling sparrow confirmation can be quite tricky especially when dealing with species like Savannah Sparrow.

Jay Kaplan