[CT Birds] parakeet loves E. Sparrow

mcahlgren mcahlgren at cox.net
Wed Jun 23 18:50:14 EDT 2010

An escaped pet parakeet has been visiting our yard for several weeks,
checking out the feeders (but not eating), and following some English
Sparrows around. Today, I heard lots of chirping, chattering, etc.
and spotted the parakeet trying very hard to impress a female
sparrow, and to drive off the male. The parakeet is a handsome one -
turquoise, green and yellow. It was trying to figure out how to get
inside the sparrows' bird house when the female was inside.
Any suggestions on how to capture the parakeet?
  Thanks - Mary, Glastonbury