[CT Birds] Milford Point/tagged HS crabs... and Turkeys

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 23 19:48:17 EDT 2010

6/23- Shore side of Milford Point, Milford-

(4) Piping Plovers
(8+/-) Least Terns
(6) Common Terns

While enjoying the day I found several tagged Horseshore Crabs, 50/50 alive dead.  I have the tag numbers, but the phone number got washed off.

If someone has that number, it would be greatly appreciated.

I also recall some type of survey on breeding Wild Turkeys, and I have nest in my woods, and I saw a hen with at least 6 chicks this evening (poor photos).  So again, if there is a number to report this, it is appreciated.

Thanks,

-Brian-

Brian Webster
Stratford, CT