[CT Birds] Stratford damage to IBA - pictures

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 13:14:31 EDT 2010

I took an early morning tour of Stratford Point to check for damage to the
buildings or property, and then the Stratford Great Meadows IBA. I put a lot
of pictures up on the CAS blog: http://ctaudubon.blogspot.com/

The infamous warbler/spring migrant trail in the McKinney Refuge area has
been reshaped a bit. The trail itself seems to have come out decently, but
the wooded areas on either side took quite a hit. I discussed some of what I
saw there as well as the weather responsible for this mess, and why it
caused the damage it did in some areas. Keep in mind that Lordship is still
largely closed off by the police as crews work to restore power and clean up
the streets.

Scott Kruitbosch
Stratford, CT
Connecticut Audubon Society