[CT Birds] COA Workshops - Mark your calendars

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 26 14:29:09 EDT 2010

 It's not too soon to mark your calendar for our next two workshops. Please note that no pre-registration is necessary. The workshops are free and open to the public. Birders of all levels and ranges of experience are encouraged and welcome to attend!

I look forward to seeing you for both workshops!

COA Shorebird and Tern Workshop: Sunday August 22,2010 at 7:30am - Sandy Point,West Haven

  (Meet in the parking lot opposite the Captain's Galley Restaurant on Beach Street)

 We will start at Sandy Point with a rising tide so be prepared to get your shoes wet. We will continue to Milford Point about 10:00am arrive there for high tide which is 10:40am.

 We will divide into groups by ability so that participants of all levels will have the presentation tailored to their ability.

  Many thanks to our leaders which are:

Bill Banks,Nick Bonomo,Carolyn Cimino,Tina Green,Julian Hough,Frank Mantlik,Mark Szantyr

COA Sparrow Workshop:Sunday October 3,2010 from 8am-12pm (Rain Date:October 17,2010)- Silver Sands State Park,Milford

 Join Frank Mantlik and other leaders(TBA) and study the finer points of sparrow ID.Come and see why sparrows are more than just LBJs(little brown jobs) and sharpen your sparrow ID skills!

Tina Green

COA Workshop Chairperson