[CT Birds] Westport Yellow-crowned Night Heron Nesting

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 26 17:52:29 EDT 2010

6/26 - Westport -(100 yards from the Saugatuck River)

  Hooray!! We had a Yellow-crowned Night Heron nest with a parent and one young bird that has not fledged yet in our neighborhood and it's just 100 yards from the Saugatuck River.The lucky peolpe whose property the nest exists on did not even know it was there until my friend,Juliet Balian,made them aware.She found the nest while walking her dog on the street where she lives.Let's hope this nest is the start of many to come in future years.

Tina Green & Juliet Balian

Westport