[CT Birds] king rail (Virginia)

Hopkinsus at cs.com Hopkinsus at cs.com
Sun Jun 27 20:54:49 EDT 2010

I went to Virginia for a wedding and decided to go to Chincoteague
afterwards.  Birding was poor, as expected for this time of year, but I just had
dinner overlooking a marsh outside the NWR, and a king rail was going up and
down the edge of the marsh looking for something to eat!  Gorgeous views.  I
brought my binoculars into the restaurant and sat by the window, so I had a
front row seat.  The people at the table next to me were gasping and borrowed
my binoculars.

That was worth the trip down by itself!

Amy Hopkins
Guilford, CT