[CT Birds] Hummingbird Feeder

jayne.amico at cox.net jayne.amico at cox.net
Mon Jun 28 10:08:10 EDT 2010

 Two weeks is not acceptable even in the coolest of weather. Sugar water solution spoils very quickly in hot weather. I would change it every two to three days at the latest in this heat. If the solution has gone cloudy it is already spoiled. I recommend to people who find this schedule to difficult to follow, to instead, plant hummingbird attracting plants. A spoiled solution is what gives bacterial and fungal infections to hummingbirds.

BTW speaking of hummingbirds I admitted a nestling ruby throat yesterday!
--
Jayne

Jayne Amico
Southington, CT