[CT Birds] HB feeder changes

Barbara Garrett barbaragarrett at optonline.net
Mon Jun 28 10:50:42 EDT 2010

Thanks, I've gotten the direction on HB feeder changes I need.  The reason why I asked is because I'm aware of the bacteria issue and do not want to do anything to harm the birds!

BTW, I've seen/heard the following birds of interest on my property in the past 2 weeks:  Chipping Sparrow, male Rose-Breasted Grosbeak, Baltimore Oriole, Cedar Waxwings, Catbird with 2 young, Eastern Peewee, Wood Thrush.

But, where are the goldfinches?  I've got only 2 males and one female.  In past, years, I've had up to 30 birds lined up for landing at my thistle and sunflower feeders.