[CT Birds] Osprey rescue in Stratford!

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 23:34:35 EDT 2010

Twan Leenders and I went to Pleasure Beach via the USFWS temporary road for
an emergency trip to capture and save an injured Osprey today. You can read
the story, complete with pictures and video, on the blog:

It was quite an adventure, and I hope it turns out OK for this bird. As
Charlie Barnard wrote to the list the Osprey population on Long Beach and
Pleasure Beach took quite a hit from the tornadic storm last Thursday. It is
very likely this individual, who was supposedly in this condition for days,
was injured then.

Scott Kruitbosch
Stratford, CT
Connecticut Audubon Society