[CT Birds] New Haven Bird Club Field Trip

Larry Bausher lpbausher at comcast.net
Wed Jun 30 15:01:04 EDT 2010

The New Haven Bird Club has one field trip scheduled for July:

Saturday, July 10, 7:00 AM: Central CT Birding Tour.  Free and open
to the public.
Join us as we visit several excellent birding locations in the CT
central valley.  Our first stop will be the grasslands near
Rentschler Field in East Hartford.  We’ll look for Upland Sandpiper,
Eastern Meadowlark, Grasshopper Sparrow and other grassland species.
Then, we’ll go to Station 43, along the CT River in South Windsor.
There, we’ll look for Least Bittern, Green Heron, Wood Duck and other
freshwater wetland species.  After a picnic lunch under the largest
tree in CT, we’ll go to the Great Pond State Forest in Simsbury.
We’ll look for the Mississippi Kites that have nested near there the
past few years.  Meet at the commuter lot at 7:00 am on Route 68 in
Wallingford, west of I-91 at Exit 15 (at the east end of Barnes
Road).  Leader: Chris Loscalzo: 203 389-6508 or closcalz at optonline.net.

Larry Bausher, West Haven
NHBC Publicity Director