[CT Birds] Rescued Osprey update/Wilton birds

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 15:48:18 EDT 2010

The Osprey Twan and I rescued on Pleasure Beach is alive and doing a bit
better. I visited her this morning. You can see a picture and get a bit more
information on the blog http://ctaudubon.blogspot.com/

I stopped in to check on her because I was out very early to conduct a point
count survey at Weir Farm in Wilton. I had mostly the usual suspects on this
beautiful morning, but I did snag a YELLOW-BILLED CUCKOO as well as a COMMON
RAVEN. I also saw a pair of Eastern Bluebird with a couple young.
Astonishingly the bluebirds were my FOY despite the fact I've had around 220
species in Fairfield County in 2010. They can be tough to find down here
when you aren't actively seeking them out.

Scott Kruitbosch
Stratford, CT
Connecticut Audubon Society