[CT Birds] Hooded Merg., Acadian Flycatcher

Dasinger, Andrew M UTPWR andrew.dasinger at UTCPower.com
Thu Jul 1 16:20:20 EDT 2010

6/26 - Moodus/E. Haddam - On Breeding Bird Survey route, found a Hooded
Merganser on Post Pond, at the corner of Olmstead and Wickham Roads
(near Moodus Reservoir) and an Acadian Flycatcher on Geoffrey Road
(4-wheel drive required - I almost didn't make it through this stretch
of dirt road; once I had to move a fallen tree to continue my route!).
This location is relatively close to Devil's Hopyard, as the crow (or
flycatcher) flies, where Acadian's are regular - and much more

Andrew Dasinger

S. Glastonbury