[CT Birds] Turkey trot

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 19:36:40 EDT 2010

I was in New Haven on High Street coming up on Chapel, right near the heart
of the old Yale Quad, when I saw a wild turkey walking down the sidewalk.
There was a New Haven Police car stopped, and an officer standing in the
street.  As I watched, he took out his phone and took a picture of the
turkey and walked back to his car.  I stopped next to him and asked if he
had called DEP.  "Oh no," he said, "this turkey lives here."  I wonder if it
would be appropriate to submit a wild turkey report for this urban dweller.

Dana Campbell, Priest in Charge
Church of the Good Shepherd, Hartford
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"The hummingbird in flight is a water-spark, an incandescent drop of
American fire, the jungle's flaming re'sume', a heavenly, precise rainbow:
 the hummingbird is an arc, a golden thread, a green bonfire!"
--from Ode to the Hummingbird
 by Pablo Neruda