[CT Birds] Flowers attracting our hummingbirds in Willimantic...

Sunrisebirding at aol.com Sunrisebirding at aol.com
Thu Jul 8 16:17:14 EDT 2010

It's really interesting to learn what works for hummingbirds as far as
plants go.  You obviously have the right combination.  Carol Lemmon  and Dori
Sosensky helped me put together a list of attractive plants for hummers  -
anyone interested can download it from this link:
_http://www.sunrisebirding.com/CTHummerplants.pdf_ (http://www.sunrisebirding.com/CTHummerplants.pdf)
I am giving a talk on Hummingbirds next weekend at the Audubon Center in
Greenwich. Here is the info:
Saturday, July 17
Hummingbirds: Feathered Gems
3:30-4:30 pm
Gina  Nichol, former Audubon staff member, illustrates the amazing
adaptations of  these glittering gems and describes their fascinating life
histories. With vivid  photographs of hummingbirds who live throughout the Americas,
Gina will describe  how these birds survive in habitats that range from
tropical forests to the  forests of the Andes Mountains. Tips for attracting
hummingbirds will also be  discussed. $5 per person. No RSVP required.  More
info _http://greenwich.audubon.org/_ (http://greenwich.audubon.org/)
Gina Nichol
Branford, CT
_www.sunrisebirding.com_ (http://www.sunrisebirding.com)
In a message dated 7/8/2010 8:33:57 P.M. GMT Daylight Time,