[CT Birds] Sandy Pt tern colony

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 18:28:59 EDT 2010

Hi all,

While walking out Sandy Pt in West Haven this afternoon, I took a scan
of the tern colony. Many Least Terns were on eggs (no chicks that I
could see from my vantage point), including several pairs outside the
fencing. With the tip of Morse Point having expanded over the past
couple years, there is more high sand for the terns/plovers to use, so
this isn't a surprise. The fencing next year will have to be expanded.
I wonder if the powers that be could do something this week? If
volunteers are needed I have no doubt we'd get enough people to help.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT