[CT Birds] Rescued Osprey update/Bobolink Stratford

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 14:45:41 EDT 2010

Good news on the Osprey Twan and I rescued from Pleasure Beach! Check the
CAS blog http://ctaudubon.blogspot.com/

I did NOT see the Common Moorhen today. Several birders all struck out on
it, including a couple of us with access to all USFWS areas. Please take
Charlie's advice to heart. As I mentioned a few months ago, USFWS is
occasionally but actively enforcing their boundaries, and the area past the
gate on Long Beach Blvd is still off limits to the public. Yesterday I had
one Bobolink at Stratford Point, which I also mentioned in the previous blog
post. This is an early date for a BOBO on the way south. Swallows are
already moving with Tree, Barn, Northern Rough-winged and Bank noted.
Shorebirds have been popping in and out for a week. I had over 2,000
Starling at the Stratford airport last week. Fall is here early, just as the
breeding season was. It doesn't feel like it outside, but you should be
checking for migrants already.

Scott Kruitbosch
Stratford, CT
Connecticut Audubon Society