[CT Birds] Bird song ID help

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Mon Jul 12 19:37:26 EDT 2010

I recorded this bird today in a fairly mature mixed  forest  in a section
with a lot of hemlocks.  The bird was either on  the ground or close to it.
Despite going to look for it I never got a  glimpse.  I was pretty close I
think - maybe 30 or 40 feet when I recorded  this.  Sounds a lot like a
warbler to me, but could be other things I'm  sure.  It is NOT a Pine Warbler,
although there is some resemblance.   The song weakened and trailed off at the
end.  I have no idea - hope  someone will.  Hear it here:

_http://www.4shared.com/audio/UGc3o5Po/UKN_Bird_100712_03.html_
(http://www.4shared.com/audio/UGc3o5Po/UKN_Bird_100712_03.html)

http://www.4shared.com/audio/UGc3o5Po/UKN_Bird_100712_03.html

Don Morgan